In April 2018 the Jeesal Training Centre was represented by Andrew Gordon, Director, at the National Provider Forum, held in Birmingham and hosted by NHS England. The forum brings together health and social care providers in mental health and learning disabilities services, to share concerns and experiences and to be up-dated in local and national care-focussed initiatives.
One of the topic areas was workforce development. Studies show that in some areas of care there is an 18% shortfall of staff. Whilst there are many variables at play here there is no doubt that effective recruitment, and as importantly, retention strategies, play a part in the impact this shortfall has and where is lands.
Some organisations have even higher numbers of vacancies and there is no doubt that care in some quarters can be described as ‘in crisis’.
Effective marketing, creative thinking and strong HR functions undoubtedly help enormously in the recruiting to our company, but retention of those staff is the responsibility of us all.
Evidence shows that people stay in post far longer if they feel communicated with, listened to and valued.
The Training Centre can play a part in this by offering the right training to meet your role and career development requirements.
For example, we are currently running:
- A full Induction programme fulfilling all initial mandatory requirements
- A Manager and Aspiring Manager’s monthly programme C
- ontinuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited training days in a range of subjects
- UEA endorsed training, and multiple topics on ‘My Learning Cloud’ our learning platform.
- We positively welcome other care providers and individuals to join us. Contact us on 01603 516 497