At jeesal we pride ourselves to be a centre of excellence through continuous learning development. One of which is our NAPPI training course which enables our staff to further understand service user behaviour. And improve their quality of life.
What is NAPPI?
NAPPI stands for Non Abusive Psychological and Physical Intervention. It gives us a pro-active approach to promoting positive behaviour. Our aim is to reduce and eliminate the need to use physical intervention wherever possible.
Why do we need NAPPI?
‘’The overall aim of nappi is changing lives through the use of PBS to improve the quality of the person's life and the quality of life of those around them.’’
Participants directly benefit from the training experience but also highlight how training will change their own behaviour back in the workplace.
At Jeesal we have highlighted the need to only teach Level 1 which is classed as Non-restrictive physical skills more commonly known as self-protection skills. If level 2 and 3 is highlighted as needed within a service we would follow all relevant legislations such as the RRN standards when considering this level of training.
The training is taught over 2 days and all our staff will receive both psychological skills and physical skills in how to support a service user improve their own quality of life and when displaying behaviour of concern.
Guidance for NAPPI training
It is important that all staff understand and adhere to this guidance when they attend NAPPI training. It is a 2-day course which runs 9:00-17:00.
- Only Even number of people to attend the course.
- Masks are to be worn for all physical skills taught.
- When psychological modules are taught masks are not mandatory due to social distancing being in place
- Staff on the training should remain in the gym
- Smoking is permitted in the designated areas, Maximum of 2 people at a time
- Negative LFD test is required for both training days.
- Frequent washing of the hands and sanitising will be required.
- Only the toilet in the gym is to be used.
- Dress warm the gym can get cold.
- Bring your own pen.
- You will be paired up and this will be your partner for all physical skills and group activities.
- Read and understand NAPPI’s guidance to support safe return to training.
- Fill in NAPPI COVID-19 form.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival.
For more information regarding this please email firstname.lastname@example.org