Summary of Statement of Purpose
Jeesal DC Limited
The Statement of Purpose is to be read in conjunction with Service User Guides, Policies, Procedures and Legislation. This synopsis summarises some of the key points.
Please follow the link to read our philosophy
Jeesal DC Limited has experience in supporting people with a wide range of complex needs including:
• Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
• Asperger’s Syndrome
• Behaviour and emotional issues
• Bipolar disorder
• Challenging behaviour
• Downs Syndrome
• Prader Willi Syndrome
• Self harm
• Sensory and visual impairment
• Speech and language difficulties
We develop our services with consultation from service users, families and professionals. Quality Assurance helps us improve and maintain high standards whilst enabling us to shape future developments to meet our clients’ needs.
• Respite Care – We have respite facilities available every day of the year. We offer packages which range from just a few hours of support, to a maximum of 40 days and 40 nights respite in one visit. Our team is able to respond quickly to enquiries and will carry out assessments, and in exceptional circumstances, accept emergency placements on the same day if practicable. All respite packages are bespoke, created to meet individual needs to ensure that the appropriate support is given to both the service user and their families.
• Supported Living – We offer a variety of support in line with individual needs, including personal care, tenancy support, living skills and accessing the community. Person-centred support packages are created by listening to the needs and wants of the individual, as well as assessed need, encouraging positive-risk taking and decision making in order to live a self-fulfilled life safely. We offer clear and achievable steps towards increased independence, building on daily living skills with appropriate levels of support.
• Activities Centre – We have an activity centre with a relaxed friendly atmosphere. It lies in a peaceful rural setting, where people can come along to start gaining confidence and move forward in their chosen activities. Progress and achievement are not just measured in the final outcome, but over time and our monthly reports show how skills are being developed as our staff team offer guidance and support. This flexible facility can be used for all types of activities, with lots of space, quiet areas and café/Diner.
• Horticulture - We are continually developing the land at Patches Farm, where service users are encouraged and supported in the forward planning and maintenance of the land. Service users will have the opportunity to grow vegetables and soft fruits of their choice, enjoying the produce they grow.
• We provide individually tailored comprehensive support solutions, creating a person centred service, enabling personal goals and ambitions to be achieved.
• We encourage positive risk-taking and decision-making in order to live a self-fulfilled life safely.
• We work with service users at appropriate levels of support to improve and develop life skills.
• We support the service user in scheduling social, lifestyle and domestic activities as well as supporting them in taking an active role in creating their support package.
• We value our customer’s feedback regarding services we currently provide and use this to plan future services
• We promote better understanding of the issues relevant to individuals with a learning disability and associated needs, continuously pursuing their positive inclusion and acceptance within the wider community.
• We promote an individual’s human rights and equality by ensuring they are informed about their rights and supported in having a voice.
• The philosophy of Jeesal DC Limited demands that all service users are treated with respect dignity at all times, by all members of staff, other individual’s and visitors. A person’s right to privacy and freedom of choice will always be upheld. Jeesal DC Limited has robust policies and procedures to ensure that all individuals are given the privacy and courtesy they deserve, whilst ensuring the safety and welfare of individuals at all times. All policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and re-evaluated to ensure that they are working effectively.